Saturday 14 March 2009

Gimps anyone?

How time flies in Cameltoe. Last time I blogged it was snowing and leaving work at 5.30 involved a spooky pitch black drive over Bodmin Moor. Now the sun is shining, the daffs are out and I'm desperately trying to resist giving my credit card a good work out in the shops (all those gorgeous summer clothes, what girl can resist?). Instead, I'm trying to focus on giving myself a good work out oncce in a while, bearing in mind that the London Marathon is only 6 weeks away.

Enough of that though, you've all heard me bang on about the London Marathon before so I won't bore you with it now.

I think my favourite recent occurence here is that some comedy genius has cleverly changed the town sign so that it now reads 'Cameltoe'. An avid reader maybe? It may be the same person who changed 'Helland' into 'Bellend' a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps they are working their way through all Cornish place names trying to see what hilarious rude alternatives they can come up with. Any suggestions for the following welcome cos I can't think of any - Boscastle, Bodmin, Delabole, Padstow.

Of course there are some names which don't need alteration and which I believe to be pretty amusing anyway. Favourites include Tresuck, Pencuke (puke) and one which nearly made me crash the car the other day 'Ventongimps'. WTF???? who came up with that?

No comments: