Sunday 5 April 2009

Spring has sprung, the lambs are getting fat and there's a bloody big bird making strange parroty noises outside my kitchen window. Greetings from sunny Cameltoe on this fine Palm Sunday. The weekend (and past few weeks) in fact have been one fabulous Camelly blur. Super busy as usual. I honestly thought that by moving down here, I would have more time on my hands and I do I suppose, it's just that I like to fill that time with exciting things. Hence the busyness.

Some exciting things that have happened in my world recently:

1. I have only 1 long run to go before my marathon training is complete. Bring it on - 20 miles on Friday, here we go.

2. There are Pheasants everywhere, and they are so stupid. It's no wonder there are dead versions lying around everywhere. I felt slightly bad for one which was lying upturned in a hedge with its little legs akimbo - clearly it had bounced off someone's bonnet!

3. London people have been to visit! And how great it has been to catch up with members of the English Touring Opera cast and band and also with Cat and her family.

4. Speaking of English Touring Opera - how brilliant it is to go to the opera, sit 5 rows from the front and pay only £20 per ticket. Who needs Covent Garden?

5. My BlackBerry. Means I can work from the beach. Which means that life is sweet.

6. It is the Easter hols. So suddenly there are people everywhere. Polzeath was rammed with sloaney types yesterday wearing various nautical themed items of clothing and discussing how often they let out their big houses when they're not here. Mustn't slag off the Emmits though. I was one once (not one with a big house though).

Off to church in a mo. I'm hoping very much for a donkey (as we;re by the sea and all). If not a donkey then at least a horse.

No comments: