Saturday 2 May 2009

musing...

So here we are at the May bank holiday weekend. I'm sad to report there was no donkey at the Palm Sunday service last month, just a rather half arsed procession around the church yard singing 'Ride on Ride on in Majesty' about four times, completely out of time with Nick who had pumped up the organ to full pelt in the vain hope that we might actually hear it and stay in time. Needless to say, we did not.

Following my amazing success at the London Marathon last weekend (no. I didn't win, but it felt like I did), I have been thinking about achievement, ambition and generally living life to the full (or 'eating life' as a good friend of mine so appropriately puts it). Most of us have appraisals and personal development plans at work, but I guess we rarely actually have these for our lives in general. Which I guess means that most of us live year to year and then look back and think bugger. What have I been doing with my life! Not me - I'm all about eating life, but just to make sure I don't miss anything, I thought I would make a things to do before I'm 30 list.

By the way, a mate of mine did this on her blog and someone dug it up and read it out at her work's leaving party. Also, I've included some things I've already done, to make me feel better about the ones I haven't done. Treat it as a fun guessing game...

Here goes, in no particular order, things I, Caroline Joanna Danks would like to have done before I hit 30:

1. Run at least one London Marathon
2. Run a marathon in less than 4 hours 30 minutes
3. Know what it feels like to weigh 10 stone (as an adult - obviously, I have weighed less than this before in my life)
4. Stand up on a surfboard, unaided and actually look cool whilst doing it
5. Sing solo at a famous person's memorial service in the presence of other famous people
6. Have a solo rectial advertised in The Times
7. Have my photo taken for Playboy
8. Marry the love of my life
9. Go to Australia
10. Get some kind of health and fitness teaching qualification
11. Jump a fence at a fast and gallopy pace (on a horse that is)
12. Run a half marathon in 1 hour 50 minutes or less
13. Buy my own flat
14. Be a bridesmaid
15. Become a godmother
16. Become a mother
17. Write a novel (regardless of whether or not its actually any good)
18. Learn to play the piano
19. Have the word 'manager' in my job title
20. Open a savings account and put something in it!

Right. That's my list done. I'm off to write my novel...

No comments: