Thursday 20 November 2008

First week at work

So I thought that moving to Cameltoe would mean that I would have plenty of time on my hands to write in my blog, go for long walks along the beach and generally hang out with my 6 friends (oh yes - that's 6 whole friends). How wrong was I? Life is so very busy and will probably continue to get busier - there is just so much to do and so little time.

So I can't write about EVERYTHING here - you would quite simply get bored. Thought I'd give you a few highlights. By the way, a friend said they would like my blog to be a little more positive. Trust me people, I am having a ball here - I LOVE Cameltoe and never want to leave. Just didn't want to make you feel bad....

Caroline's top ten Cameltoe highlights from the last week:

1. Driving across Bodmin Moor to work with beautiful sunrises to look at (yes, I did nearly drive into a sheep whilst admiring the view).

2. My places of work - look them up on the National Trust website - Cothele, Killerton and Lanhydrock houses. Wow.

3. Being allowed a Daniel Craig calendar in my (slightly less politically correct than before) office. Yum.

4. Getting my new shelves fitted and finally being able to unpack some boxes.

5. Trebarwith Strand at dusk.

6. Friendly people and awesome accents - particularly one individual who greeted me yesterday with "alright my lovely!" (imagine in very strong Devonian accent). Brilliant.

7. My new car! Quite simply the biggest thing have ever driven. Our office manager was slightly concerned by my reaction (which went something like "Bloody Hell! How the hell am I going to park that) so insisted she accompany me on a test drive round the grounds. Fortunatelyy, we met no other cars. I have surprised myself - I thought I didn't want a Dad-mobile but am already rather attached and have named him 'Tank'.

8. Not having to queue in Sainsbury's. Then being able to load my purchases into Tank's gargantuan boot rather than struggling with arsey commuters on the number 59.

9. Not needing a light in my bedroom on a clear night. It's all about the moon (no, not my buttcheeks)

10. My new Narnia DVD. I understand these are not exclusive to Cameltoe but I love it nonetheless.

So I hope this doesn't sound too gloaty. Expect a depressing post in a couple of weeks when it has rained constanly, I am missing my London friends and have crashed Tank into a hedge.

Lots of love!

xxx

2 comments:

Rowena said...

pic of tank hitting sheep please

Unknown said...

Hello Caroline!
Gregoire here.
What kind of car is Tank? And have you deliberately parked it in front of Mr. Sprout yet?

'Proudly parking here since 1862' etc etc...