Thursday 27 November 2008

Pinching myself

What a fabulous week so far. Super busy and not actually spending much time in the office. I think it may well continue this way.

Spent the first part of the week discovering The National Trust's super cool head office in Swindon. Not only is it a totally open plan, modern, carbon neutral, green-tastic space, but it's opposite a designer shopping outlet. Heaven. Being pay day, I thought it only right to spend some money expanding my country-living appropriate wardrobe, buying some thermals and tweedy trousers. Also got my Daniel Craig calendar so am looking forward to getting some shelves in my newly painted office so I can stick Daniel up in a suitable spot (no pun intended).

Obviously, I was not in Swindon purely for the shopping but also to meet the rest of the fundraising team. What a fabulously inspiring bunch of individuals. I feel like I'm really going to fit in.

I actually just realised how bad that last sentence sounds....thought I would leave it though. For comedy's sake!

Today I visited Godolphin House -as a mahoosive 'Poldark' fan, this was like a mini pilgrimage for me. It is not yet open to the public as it is in a state of quite severe disrepair. Getting a personalised tour from the Property Manager was a very special experience. I can't quite believe I get paid for this!

One downside - it rained a lot and my once white Converse trainers are now brown and soaking in a bucket in the kitchen. When I started fundraising, didn't think it would involve hoofing over fences and getting wet and muddy. Brilliant stuff, so long as I remember my wellies next time.

No comments: